2016 / DEC
Grand Opening of Guangzhou Huaxing Rehabilitation Hospital.GRS Rehabilitation Research Center
2016 / NOV
Opening of two new Vitality Centers
Opening of Vitality Center in Bin Jiang Dong in Guangzhou City
- Opening of Vitality Center in Columbia Clinic in Shanghai
2016 / OCT
Provides consultancy service in GZ Huaxing Rehabilitation Hospital
Consultancy Services starts in the GZ Huaxing Rehabilitation Hospital in Guangzhou City
2016 / JUNE
Qinhuangdao Rehabilitation Center Opened
The first GRS Spring of Power Rehabilitation Centre opened in China
- The team of American rehab experts arrived at Qinhuangdao to train the local staff
2016 / JUNE
GRS Collaborated with Taikang Community
GRS signed a memorandum of understanding with Taikang Community. GRS provides rehab consulting service to Taikang healthcare projects
2016 / JANUARY
GRS Joined Forces with Apollo Education Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: APOL)
GRS collaborated with Apollo Education Group, Inc. to develop scalable rehabilitation therapy training programs in China. The programs are designed to prepare aspiring health care professionals to meet China’s growing therapy needs as the second largest health care market in the world.
2016 / JANUARY
Acquired Hong Kong Based Company
- GRS acquired Grace Physiotherapy & Sports Medicine Centre in Hong Kong
2015 / JUNE
Signed Agreement to Establish China’s First GRS Spring of Power Rehabilitation Center
- GRS singed agreement to build and manage China’s first GRS Spring of Power Rehabilitation Centre in Qinhuangdao.
- The centre is designed to provide rehabilitation therapy for individuals recovering from a surgery, illness or accident in China.
2015 / APRIL
GRS Collaborated With Zhejiang Bang-Er Medical Group
GRS signed a memorandum of understanding with Bang-Er to bring its successful US-based model of evidence-based rehabilitation services to Bang-Er’s 11 orthopedic hospitals in China.
2014 / NOV
Set Up China’s first GRS Vitality Centre
- GRS opened the first GRS Vitality Centre in Phoenix City, Guangzhou, China. It would be the first of its kind to effectively introduce the people of China to the Western model of disease prevention, disease management, wellness, and rehabilitation care.
2014 / FEB
GRS Entered China
Genesis Rehab Services (GRS) entered China.
2015 / FEB
Genesis HealthCare Successfully Went Public
- Genesis Rehab Services combined with Hallmark Rehabilitation as part of a larger transaction between parent companies Genesis HealthCare and Skilled Healthcare. This combined company, which maintained the Genesis name, helped GRS grow to more than 1,600 locations in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
- Today Genesis Rehab Services employs over 30,000 therapists and assistants in more than 1,700 locations. We operate in 45 states and the District of Columbia, and we to touch 250,000 patients each day.
Genesis HealthCare Successfully acquired Sun Healthcare Group, Inc. (Sun) (NASDAQ GS: SUNH)
- Genesis HealthCare announced that effective December 1, 2012, it completed the acquisition of Sun Healthcare Group, Inc. (Sun) (NASDAQ GS: SUNH). The merger of the two companies not only created one of the largest skilled nursing providers in the country, but it also expanded Genesis Rehab Services’ business to approximately 1,500 contracts in 44 states and the District of Columbia.
Genesis Rehab Services Integrated Respiratory Health Services
- Genesis Rehab Services integrated Respiratory Health Services, a Genesis HealthCare Corporation subsidiary, into its everyday operations. This integration added a fourth discipline, respiratory therapy, to its menu of services, making it possible to achieve a highly coordinated and comprehensive care delivery model and giving business partners distinct advantages in census management and expanded clinical capabilities.
In 2007, private equity investor Formation Capital and JER Partners took Genesis HealthCare (and Genesis Rehab Services) private.
Changed the name to Genesis Rehabilitation Services
The company underwent its final name change to Genesis Rehabilitation Services (now known as Genesis Rehab Services). This name reflects the broad scope of rehabilitation services provided to our large customer base.
1989 – 1996
Continuous Growth Through Mergers and Acquisitions
The company continued to grow via additional acquisitions and mergers. In 1996, the company changed its name to Genesis ElderCare Rehabilitation Services.
Changed the Name to Team Rehabilitation, Inc.
To reflect the multidisciplinary approach to care provided through physical, occupational, and speech therapy services, the Speech and Hearing Network changed names to Team Rehabilitation, Inc.
Acquisition of Speech and Hearing Network
Genesis Health Ventures (now Genesis HealthCare), a public company that was starting to grow through the acquisition of nursing homes and related services, acquired the Speech and Hearing Network. Genesis expanded the Speech and Hearing Network’s scope to include physical and occupational therapies in addition to speech-language pathology services.
Speech and Hearing Network Established
Genesis Rehab Services was initially established as the Speech and Hearing Network to provide speech-language pathology and audiology services.